Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The Miracle of Support Team


Growing up, I was looking for a community to join in. My purpose is to meet a lot of people. I love meeting new friends and hearing their stories. It amazes me how things are being moved by God that works for that person and for the people in his circle. Their stories inspires me to get on my feet and that God has blessed me so much because some of their trials are really inevitable and cannot imagine if it would be bearable for me. As I grow with them, little did I know that God will use my community to save my life in a way I never have imagined.

 Last Thanksgiving of 2010, I thought I just had an ordinary flu, but on the third day when my fever finally went down, I experienced extraordinary bleeding of gums while brushing my teeth.

I was brought to ER to have my platelets checked, finding out that from 180 dropped to 87 (Btw the bracket of a normal platelet count ranges to 400-120). I was advised to be confined knowing that it is a suspected Dengue fever. Platelet count of 84 went down to 45, the doctors in Asian Hospital advised to get ready for a blood donation. Then I found out that my blood type B+ was not an easy blood type to look for. Asian Hospital’s blood bank doesn’t have my blood type so I have to look outside.  From 45 went down 20 then down to 14 then to 9.

God being so gracious had given me the chance to serve two communities and my brothers and sisters from my Light of Jesus Community and Singles for Christ. They have tapped every person that can donate blood. There will be times when someone knocks at my room asking if I am the one in need of blood. A lot of helping hand and prayers were handed over to me. Not only God saved me but He has given me the realization of the miracle He has made in the support team I have.







No comments:

Post a Comment