Tuesday, January 10, 2012

7 days of Reflection- Day 2 "What is your Desert?"

When we say miracles and blessings we always remember the good things. Today, the miracles that I would want to share are my “deserts.” The times when I feel so down and as if God is so far away and does not listen to anything I utter, believe it or not, are our great miracles of life.

As I am writing this reflection, my feelings are not as high as the days I have started this blog. I have these things I ask the Lord with regards to my future and my desire that I don’t have the answer right now. Recently I am experiencing a cold treatment to somebody very important in my life. I’m getting a little bit pressured of my upcoming licensing exam. To add to it I have dilemmas of where to get funds for my youngest brother upcoming enrollment. So many things I need to do for our Bohol Conference. In these hard times I am becoming more sensitive of God’s message telling me to be pruned to produce good fruit, to be like gold that is tested by fire.
I am like in the middle of the desert of confusion, dryness, coldness but as Jesus had reminded me of being stuck in the desert for 40 days and 40 nights with no food and being tempted by the evil one. In spite of my fear, I have this confidence that this is not something temporary. What I have right now will be a great tool to be a living witness of God’s faithfulness.

Jesus overcame the desert experience and that milestone glorified God. If you too are in the desert right now, reading this is not an accident, God made you read this because He want to tell you that people who are with great confidence to their faith also have their desert experience. And as the saying goes “What doesn’t kill you, makes you stronger!”
What is your desert my friend? Remember that you’ll not be there forever. That is just a piece of puzzle to create the big promise God has made to you the day you were born.

No comments:

Post a Comment