Wednesday, January 11, 2012

7 days of Reflection- Day 3 "Who Do You Want to Bless?"


“Mano Po!” This sentence gives a smile in my heart. I remember how our Lolos and Lolas trained us to be respectful. But you know what? This practice actually started during the Old Testament where the first sons ask the blessing of their Father for a good future, and then the Father will put his hands upon the head of his Child. This is very important in the biblical times that Isaac deceived his father to be his older brother Isau just to get the blessing from his Father.

Today God reminded me that He is the same God YESTERDAY, TODAY and TOMORROW, but what happened to the tradition He allowed to happen ages ago? Blessing people my friends do not fade through time. Probably it was our faith that faded through time.

As the eldest child in the family of seven, I see to it that I still seek for the blessing of my parents and also seek it from the elders whom I live with. And in my case, I give blessing to my god sons and daughters whenever they do the act of mano, I place my hands over their heads and mention a little prayer of blessing for them.

You too can bless people! Start with your children, if you’re still single with your siblings, your family and your friends. In this third day of my reflection week, God tells me to bless my enemies and those people I feel it’s difficult for me to be with. How about you? Whom do you want to bless?


No comments:

Post a Comment