Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Just a walk away...


When I was a little girl, I have a desire to have a church nearby our house. I grew up in a Catholic family and studied in Catholic school and attending mass really has a deep importance to me. All I wanted is an adoration chapel and a real parish church just within my reach.

I grew up and became a career woman and have to transfer to Makati for a shorter travel time to my workplace. It’s amazing how God arrange people’s paths to join us with our journey. There in the apartment I met Mitch. She was the one of the biggest blessings in my life leading me the way to my devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus. I learned that the National Shrine of the Sacred Heart of Jesus is just near RCBC. Since we eventually have the same work schedule (NIGHT SHIFT) then, we go to church together after work. How I love hearing mass before going to sleep.
Then again the desire that I hoped Sacred Heart Shrine will be nearer to where I live so it would be easier for me to go every time I want to. Again, God has its own way of arranging things for us because in His promise, He said in Matthew 7:7 “Ask and it shall be given to you…” Changes happened and Mitch decided to migrate in Australia, sad that we will separate ways.  Little did I know that the circumstances will lead me to my desire for a place nearer Sacred Heart. I met my best friend’s cousin and offer me her space in this apartment since she will be getting married soon. Finding out where the place was really made a warm greeting in my heart. Its only 2 blocks away Sacred Heart St!

This morning contemplating on my today’s miracle, God send me the message of how near His Shrine is to mine. I had the privilege to get up a little early and hear the First Wednesday Mass. Realizing that my miracle I’m looking for is just a walk away…

You too might have a parish or temple or prayer house nearby your village or your house, go ahead and have a walk, having a little visit would mean the WORLD to Him J

No comments:

Post a Comment