Monday, January 9, 2012

7 days of Reflection- Day 1 "What Rewards do You Want?"

Mathew 16: 16-18 says...


 16 “When you fast, do not look somber as the hypocrites do, for they disfigure their faces to show others they are fasting. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 17 But when you fast, put oil on your head and wash your face, 18 so that it will not be obvious to others that you are fasting, but only to your Father, who is unseen; and your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you."


Most friends that I know who fast at least once a year, have been seen major breakthroughs in their life. Fasting and praying matures an individual in the most magnificent way. Have not you noticed the last verse above? A REWARD awaits to those who pray and fast. 

Do I only fast because of the reward? I would be a hypocrite if I tell you the reward would not be bearable. But besides the reward, I chose to fast because I grow in my spiritual journey. I feel more focus and determine that what I do is for a purpose. 

One good habit that the Holy Spirit has inspired me to have is to ask certain people whom you want to pray for what intention would they want to pray for. It made me realize that I do this not just to be closer to God, not just to be thankful and follow Christ in my life but also, to have someone's prayer be answered. There would not be any greater reward than that for me. 

Bro. Bo Sanchez mentioned in one of his books that fasting increases our expectations, our focus and most especially our faith. For with His words mentioned above, we cling on them that something BIG is going to happen when we do this ACT of Love. All of these things makes us ready to receive the desires of our heart. 

Try it yourself and imagine God asking you, "My Child, what rewards do you want?"



No comments:

Post a Comment